Thursday, December 17, 2009

In the beginning there was rhythm

So here I am. The day has come now, I have been dreading this moment from a couple of months now. There is finally snow outside my house. Its cold, very very cold. Im not used to these minus 28 Celcius readings. But at the same time it makes this experience a lot more memorable. Think of movies like The shining, (or sheen-ing if you happen to have a mexican accent :).
But alas I do have internet, food, and music. And of course a lovely wife and a silly old dog. SO all in all everything is good in the jungle. The mighty Jungle.

The big question is: how the hell am I going to ride on the snow? I was reading somewhere on how to make or "pimp" some bicycle tires with screws in bwtween the rubber and the tire. Weird, but apperently they are the best thing for riding on Ice or Snow. And also I need to build my new bike pretty soon. It better be ready for the spring. Plus not having a Fixed gear bike in this town would be a shame, since there are virtually no hills. Except the big ones that go to the mall. So I should be fine for now. No need to go to the mall, not in this insane holliday times... even a small city gets the Xmas fever.

Riding in the fall was probably the most fun ever. Sunny yet crisp. A perfect weather for riding bikes. There was also not a lot of rain unlike the summer. We had a lot of rain. And I thought we left that weather in Seattle but no. Our vegetable Garden survived, but gave us a decent amount of produce. The peppers however were not spicy at all. The jalapenos tasted like a really ripe Green pepper. Almost like a Poblano but without the heat. We needed sun and we have it now.

Anyways ladies and gents. i should go work on my Mixes for Xmas presents. I know lame, but hey, they are thoughtfull gifts, in these cold bloodded old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment